Thursday, March 21, 2013

Airplanes, vortices and a nice spotting time


It's been a while since the last post -almost a month, a friend even got worried about this long time no writing-, but the truth is I haven't had much time to go out during the weekdays and the weather has been awful last weekends, so I didn't go out with the camera and she stayed off on the shelf the whole time.
------------------------
Hace ya algún tiempo desde que publiqué la última entrada -casi un mes, una amiga incluso se preocupó por llevar tanto tiempo sin escribir-, pero la verdad es que no tuve mucho tiempo para salir estas semanas y durante los fines de semana el tiempo estuvo horrible, así que no salí con la cámara y estuvo apagada en la estantería todo el tiempo.


But the main reason for this stand-by period is that I hate my photo gear a little more than the usual lately. Why? Because a few weeks ago someone asked me to buy some pictures of the rugby match and I couldn't sell them any -I have no autofocus and no high ISO, so the full size pictures were all about blurry players and lots of noise-. That made me a bit angry because seems clear that I can't rely in a gear I can't do a good job with, and that's actually why I didn't go out with the camera and she stayed off on the shelf the whole time.
------------------------
Pero la razón principal de este parón es que últimamente odio mi equipo de afotar algo más de lo habitual. ¿Por qué? Pues porque hace unas semanas alguien quiso comprarme fotos del partido de rugby y no pude venderle ninguna -no tengo autofoco ni altos ISOs, así que las fotos a tamaño completo eran todo jugadores algo desenfocados y un montón de ruido-. Me cabreé un poco porque parece claro que no se puede confiar en un equipo con el que no se puede hacer un buen trabajo, y esa es la verdadera razón por la que que no salí con la cámara y estuvo en la estantería todo el tiempo.


However, last Friday I went to Santiago to leave my brother at the airport -I'm here in the most boring city on Earth meanwhile the lucky bastard is having too much fun in an exciting place called Belfast, not fair- and the fog present there put me on a good mood for a spotting session. I've never shooted airplanes in such weather conditions so it was a pretty good challenge to me. Besides this, I could drive around all the spots I know so I took lots of pictures from different perspectives, and it was real fun -yes, call me freak-.
------------------------
Sin embargo, el viernes pasado fui a Santiago a dejar a mi hermano al aeropuerto -yo estoy en la ciudad más aburrida del mundo mientras el jodido cabrón se lo pasa teta en una fantástica ciudad llamada Belfast, no es justo- y la niebla presente me puso de humor para hacer una sesión de spotteo. Nunca había afotado aviones en tales condiciones así que fue un buen reto para mí. Además, pude andar por todos los spots que conozco así que hice un montón de fotos desde distintas perspectivas, y me lo pasé muy bien -sí, llamadme friki-.


One thing I'm specially proud of is that I could finally take photos of vortices -the steam threads you can see coming out of the wings of the airplanes in some pictures- and condensations because of the fog and the cold temperatures, so I ended up pretty happy with the results of the session. Take a look at the pictures and feel free to tell me anything about them:
------------------------
Una cosa de la que estoy especialmente orgulloso es de haber fotografiado por fin vórtices -los hilos de vapor que podeis ver saliendo de las alas de los aviones en algunas fotos- y condensaciones debido a la niebla y las bajas temperaturas, así que quedé bastante contento con el resultado de la sesión. Echadle un vistazo a las fotos y si quereis decidme cualquier cosa sobre ellas:













See you.
------------------------

Un saludo.


Nota: Todas las fotos de este blog tienen copyright y no se pueden usar sin permiso del autor. All photos in this blog are copyrighted and can not be used without permission of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...